Muhlenberg College/Temple School of Medicine Early Assurance Program
The following program is applied for AFTER enrollment at Muhlenberg:
Muhlenberg College/Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University Early Assurance Program
Temple University School of Medicine, St. Luke's Hospital and Health Network and Muhlenberg College are partners in an integrated undergraduate/affiliated hospital/medical school program for Early Assurance Applicants. Students will apply to Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University (LKSOM) in the middle of their junior year at Muhlenberg. Temple will admit up to four qualified students per year.
In order to successfully complete the Muhlenberg Early Assurance linkage program with the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University/St. Luke’s University Health Network regional campus and receive a final acceptance into the School of Medicine, you must:
- Maintain an overall and science grade point average (GPA) of 3.6 for the first three years at Muhlenberg, without repeating a course.
- Earn a minimum GPA in the final year of undergraduate studies of a 3.0.
- Receive no grade(s) for any undergraduate course less than a (“B-”).
- Take all prerequisite courses for medical school admission at Muhlenberg.
- No transfer students can apply/all 4 years must be taken at Muhlenberg.
- Take the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) by May of the third year of undergraduate study or in the spring of the year preceding expected matriculation at LKSOM.
Receive a minimum MCAT total score of 509 with no individual section less than 126 on a single test date.
Take the MCAT no more than two (2) times to earn the required score.
If the MCAT is repeated, the first MCAT scores must be at least the 50th percentile in the total and individual sections (47% for CARS only).
- Release your MCAT scores to LKSOM.
- Release a final transcript from Muhlenberg to LKSOM.
- Apply to LKSOM under the “Early Assurance” designation through the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) prior to August 1st
- Receive a favorable letter of evaluation from Muhlenberg.
- Continue to demonstrate the personal qualities necessary to become a member of the student body of LKSOM and fulfill the role as a future physician.
- Prior to AMCAS application:
- Complete at least 50 hours of medical-related shadowing and/or experiences
- Complete at least 50 hours of community service activities
- Demonstrate commitment to serving others through extracurricular activities
Students accepted to the early Assurance Program who are in their third and fourth year of medical school, will take all of their clinical clerkships at the St. Luke's Hospital Clinical Campus in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Students admitted through the EAP will apply to TUSM using the Early Assurance Option of the AMCAS by August 1 prior to their final year at Muhlenberg.
Cailin Cordon Pachter, P'16 P'18
Director, Health Professions Advising
firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-664-3427