Computer Science Major Requirements
- CSI 111 Computer Science II
- CSI 210 Software Engineering
- CSI 220 Data Structures and Algorithms
- CSI 240 Computer Organization
- CSI 370 CUE: Computer Science Seminar (described below)
- MTH 121 Calculus I
- MTH 119 Statistical Analysis or MTH 122 Calculus II
Three CS Electives Chosen From:
- CSI 305 Database Systems
- CSI 310 Programming Languages
- CSI 326 Artificial Intelligence
- CSI 345 Web Software Development
- CSI 350 Operating Systems
- CSI 355 Computer Networks
Computer Science CUE
The Computer Science CUE engages each student in an intellectually rigorous experience that draws upon knowledge acquired within the major. This is normally done by completing CSI 370 CUE: Computer Science Seminar. An independent study or other project approved by the CS faculty may also be counted as the CUE.
Computer Science Honors Program
At commencement, the Department awards Honors in Computer Science to qualified students.
The requirements for honors are:
- A GPA in the computer science major of at least 3.5
- An overall GPA of at least 3.3
- Proposal and completion of a significant research project
To declare a major in Computer Science, please contact the department secretary, Traci Hilbert at email@example.com.