Muhlenberg Announces Winners of English Literature and Writing AwardsThe College’s Department of English Literatures & Writing celebrated the winners of The Edwin A. Miller Writing awards and The Muhlenberg Weekly Journalism awards via Zoom presentation.
By: Grace Oddo '22 Wednesday, July 21, 2021 09:36 AM
The winners of The Edwin A. Miller Writing Awards and The Muhlenberg Weekly Journalism Awards were honored at a virtual presentation on June 24, 2021. The Edwin A. Miller Awards, named after the late founder of the POB Publishing Company, allows students to submit work under the following categories: Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry and Drama. Similarly, the inaugural Muhlenberg Weekly Journalism Awards highlights the work of the College’s student journalists. Categories for submission included News, Pandemic News and BergBeat Feature Stories. All winners received monetary prizes and were given feedback from professional writers.
"I am thrilled to be able to honor our talented student writers through the Edwin W. Miller Writing Awards,” says Linda Miller, associate professor of English and director of the Creative Writing program. “I am so pleased that a generous gift has made this yearly contest a possibility."
The Edwin A. Miller Writing Awards
- Honorable mention: Michaela Colahan '21, Caya Greenspan-Layman '22 and Alana Noehrenberg '21
- Third place: Ashling Wahner '21
- Second place: Alexander Mast '21
- First place: Hannah Betz '21
- Honorable mention: Devon Elizabeth Fruscione '24 and Kate Ekanem '21
- Third place: Hannah Betz '21
- Second place: Molly Levine '24
- First place: Joseph Ataide '24
- Honorable mention: Megan Bruhn '24 and Hailey McMichael '21
- Third place (tie): Carly Giacoio '22 and Avital Zemel '22
- Second place: Kate Ekanem '21
- First place: Alexandra Franchino '21
- Third Place: Danielle Connolly '22
- Second place: Joshua Cooperman '22
- First place (tie): Bryan Rodrigues-Oliveira '21 and Caroline Dunn '21
The Excellence in Creative Writing Award
- Alana Noehrenberg '21
The Muhlenberg Weekly Journalism Awards
BergBeat feature stories