Interested in becoming a Resident Advisor (RA) or a MILE RA?
Apply by Friday, January 8, 2021 at 11:59pm (details below)
If you've lived on campus before, your RA was probably one of the first people you met on move-in day. RAs have a host of responsibilities, including building community, programming, making sure the facilities are maintained, and overall making themselves available to residents in their residential communities for whatever may come up.
Being a RA is a unique leadership experience that is unlike most on campus, in that you work where you live and are a mentor to your peers. You'll meet people from all areas of campus and will collaborate with other student groups and offices to enrich the co-curricular education in the halls. RAs and MILE RAs are expected to be a positive role model for our students, and are considered student representatives of the Office of Housing & Residence Life.
The job of an RA can be very rewarding, but we know it's a large time commitment and can be challenging to balance with campus life. As a result, we offer the following compensations for all staff members:
- Salary: A starting salary of $5,960 per year for new RAs in traditional and suite buildings, and $3,720 for first year MILE RAs
- Housing: A single room in a traditional hall, or a single room in a suite/MILE property with the option to live with roommates
- Parking: Free parking pass on campus
If you are interesting in applying for this opportunity, please complete the following:
- Read the Fall 2021 RA Job Description and become familiar with the responsibilities and expectations associated with the position.
- Submit the online application, which requires uploading an updated resume by Friday, January 8, 2021 by 11:59pm.
- All new applicants must virtually attend an information session. During this presentation, the RA role will be explained in further detail, and there will be the opportunity to hear from some of our current Hall Directors and RAs about the job. There will also be time to answer any questions you may have.
The dates of the info sessions are listed below - you are only required to attend one.
- Tuesday, October 27th at 8pm
- Friday, November 6th at 3pm
- Monday, November 9th at 8pm
- Tuesday, November 17th at 2pm