Thank you for considering extending your support of WMUH by making a gift. To complete an online donation, visit http://muhlenberg.edu/makeagift . In “Gift Designation” select “Other” and type in WMUH.
WMUH would like to share the following message from Richard A. Lospinoso, Jr. CPA ’95.
“Dear WMUH Alumnus/a:
I hope this letter finds you well – and still listening, making and enjoying music. I am taking this opportunity to say hello, pass along some news and ask for your support.
WMUH received several awards from the community it serves over the past year:
- A Human Relations Award was presented to WMUH “in recognition of outstanding service to the City of Allentown” from the Allentown Human Relations Commission.
- A Proclamation was issued from the City of Bethlehem and Mayor John Callahan in recognition of the Allentown Human Relations Commission award and to thank WMUH for providing more than 20 years of multicultural programming.
- A Spirit of Humanity Award was given from the State House of Representatives.
- A certificate of recognition was given from the U.S. House of Representatives.
- A Pennsylvania Senate Award was presented for “adherence to the highest standards of service, and contributing in a meaningful way toward a better and more productive society.”
- The City of Allentown also designated an official WMUH Day: October 10.
You should be proud to know that your support in the past has helped WMUH, its students and our community volunteers to reach for and achieve these accolades.
With all of the changes in the world since I “ran the store” in 1995, I am so glad that WMUH retains it support both from the College and the community. If you have not been to campus lately, the station has been relocated to a new facility that was built to our specifications, with room to grow. We have the latest equipment in the studios and, just to remind me that I am getting old, the transmitter we installed in 1994 is being replaced as I write this letter. To my delight, the new transmitter is being funded from the last two years of fund drives, which translates to the listeners “keeping the lights on.”
WMUH uses the latest technology to provide the students with an invaluable experience and continues to foster an environment where students can learn, grow and gain valuable experience. WMUH also provides an outlet for the community and encourages their involvement. Personally speaking, WMUH taught me lessons that I would have never learned in the classroom.
If you believe in WMUH as much as I do, and if you recall fondly your own WMUH experience, please send a gift in support of the station. It is rewarding and tax deductible and can be done quickly and easily online at muhlenberg.edu/makeagift . In “Gift Designation” select “Other” and type in WMUH. If you have any questions about making a gift, or about the station at large, please feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Joe Swanson directly at 484-664-3239. Thank you for your support.