Many students find religious or spiritual communities at Muhlenberg to be a home away from home.
The chaplain’s office and our dedicated, welcoming religious life team serve the entire College community—students, faculty and staff of any (or no) faith tradition. We offer places to pray and reflect, a variety of religious services and programs, opportunities for interfaith dialogue and more.
Diverse Faith Communities
Muhlenberg welcomes and celebrates a broad range of faith traditions and spiritual perspectives. As a college of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, we have deep roots in this mainline Protestant faith. Yet our student body is religiously diverse, reflecting traditions found around the world. We encourage you to explore the services and programs we offer across the campus, including:
- Protestant Life at Muhlenberg: Offerings include chapel services and student fellowship.
- Jewish Life at Muhlenberg: Activities range from Hillel to Shabbat services to dinner.
- Roman Catholic Life at Muhlenberg: Learn about our Mass schedule and opportunities for student fellowship.
- Interfaith Connections: Our diverse religious communities work closely to learn from and support one another.
- Rejoice: The Muhlenberg College Gospel Choir is a spirit-filled musical ensemble that reflects the diverse interests and ethnicities within our community.
- Disciplemakers: This Christian Fellowship group helps students grow deeper in their relationship with God and live out their faith.
- Muslim Student Association: This organization provides common space for Muslim students and spreads Islamic awareness across campus.
Meet Our Chaplain
The Rev. Callista Isabelle is an ordained pastor of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. She received a master of divinity degree from Yale, where she served as associate university chaplain prior to coming to Muhlenberg in 2012. At Muhlenberg, she leads Protestant chapel services, convenes the Interfaith Leadership Council and oversees Religious Life.
Stop by and meet us. The Chaplain’s Office is always stocked with free tea and snacks! Find us in Egner Memorial Chapel at 2400 Chew St., Allentown, Pa., 18104, or call us at 484-664-3121. You can also email the chaplain.