International Application Checklist
Welcome. We’re looking forward to reading your application and getting to know you. If you have questions, be sure to contact admissions.
- Complete the Common Application.
You may apply online using the Common Application. Note that the $50 application fee is waived for international students for whom this amount would represent a financial hardship.
- Submit one teacher evaluation form through the Common Application. The form should be sent by the teachers directly to the Office of Admission.
- Print the mid-year evaluation form and give it to a school counselor or school official who knows you well.
The form, with mid-year grades, should be sent from the school directly to Muhlenberg’s Office of Admission.
- Take the SAT test or the Test of English as a Foreign Language and have the scores sent directly to Muhlenberg.
Our SAT school code is 2424.The proficient use of English is necessary for our demanding courses. As a result, for those who take the TOEFL, Muhlenberg requires a score of 550 or higher (paper), 213 or higher (computer) or 80 or higher
- Explore your financial aid options. Muhlenberg values the diversity of perspectives international students bring to campus. The College offers a limited number of scholarships per entering class to international students. For the purposes of financial aid, international students fall into two groups: those who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents are considered for financial aid as we would any student living in the United States; those who are citizens of another country and do not enjoy permanent resident status within the U.S. are competing for the limited international aid described above. For international students who are citizens of another country and do not have permanent resident status, the Certification of Finances is required before an I-20 can be issued.