explore the arts!
A unique summer arts camp for middle school students with an interest in the performing arts!
“I learned to take risks and ask questions!” ... “I learned to be confident and be loud!” ... “I learned that I should not be afraid to show my art!”
— 2013 participants
“This camp has been one of the best experiences of my life. Thank you!”
— A 2013 participant
Middle school students: Have fun, explore your talents, and make great friends at Camp Imagine!
June 30 - July 25, 2014
Monday – Friday
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
No session July 4
Showcase: Saturday, July 26, 10 a.m.
Space is limited, so please return your form by June 1. After that date, registration will continue as long as space is available, through June 25.
FREE for students enrolled in the Allentown School District
Just $395 for all other students. Need-based scholarships are available.
Camp Imagine is a unique summer arts program for middle school students with an interest in the performing arts.
- Experience creative activities in drama, vocal expression and movement.
- Learn and create every day with Muhlenberg College theatre, dance, and music majors and young alumni!
- Join a dynamic ensemble of young performers! Share your unique talents and work together to create a world premiere Showcase Performance!
- Play and perform in Muhlenberg's world-class studios and theatres.
FREE transportation from each of the Allentown middle schools to camp each day. Lunch is provided free to all participants.
Creative and performing arts experiences provide young people with opportunities to nurture their passions and enhance their social and communication skills. Campers build self-esteem, concentration, and confidence that help them in the performing arts, in school, and in life.
Part of Muhlenberg's Summer Music Theatre festival, Camp Imagine is guided by a team of the College's most talented music, dance, and theatre majors and young alumni. Our teaching artists are experienced, professionally trained, and supervised.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
- Embassy Bank
- Enterprise Car Rental
- Foundation for Allentown City Schools
- Highmark Blue Shield
- Lehigh Valley Educators Credit Union
Support Camp Imagine!
If you or your business would like to help us continue to offer this program free to Allentown students, please contact Scott Snyder, Marketing and Development Manager at 484-664-3693, or make a gift online. Please be sure to list "Camp Imagine" in the Gift Designation area of the donor form.
Camp Imagine is for students enrolled in grades 6, 7 and 8 for the 2013-14 school year.
For students enrolled in the Allentown School District (ASD):
- Tuition is FREE, thanks to the generosity of our community sponsors and families like you!
- Families in the ASD are encouraged to make a tax-deductible contribution to the program, as they are able. Please enter your donation on the registration form.
For students not enrolled in ASD schools:
- Tuition for the four-week program and showcase (60+ total hours) is only $395. Payment is due at tme of registration.
- Full and partial scholarships are vailable based on finanical need. Please check the scholarship box on the registration form, and we''ll contact you for further information.
For all students, Camp Imagine sponsors provide:
- FREE bus transportation from all ASD middle schools, provided by the Foundation for Allentown City Schools. (Please check the box on the form if you plan to ride the bus.)
- FREE lunch, through the Allentown School District summer lunch program.
Skills that the creative process teaches
- Concentration — focus activities such as the mirror exercise, tableaus, tongue twisters, etc.
- Cooperation — group problem solving activities, ensemble performance, opportunities to understand compromise and consensus building.
- Collaboration — sharing ideas (such as creating scenes, sound communities, filling in the spaces, etc.) and building bridges to accept differences in approach or response to an activity.
- Communication — physical movement, nonverbal behavior, listening skills, written language, voice and spoken word
- Conflict resolution — exploring choices and consequences for choices through the performing arts.
Photo: Camp Imagine 2010. Photo by Kenny Ek, Kenek Photography