Sociology and Anthropology
- Subscribe to the department's blog.
- RA position announcement
- Job/Internship Opportunity
- Internship Position at Human Relations Area Files
Upcoming Events: TBA
Rocio Vidal Ronchas - '15 has been accepted into the following programs: MPhil in Archaeology at the University of Cambridge, MSc in Bioarchaeological and Forensic Anthropology at University College London, and the MSc in Archaeological Science at Durham University. Also her research on health status and diet during the Late Medieval Period has been recognized for his exemplary demonstration of growth in and understanding of information literacy through independent study. This will be featured in the Library display.
Recently Elected to Phi Beta Kappa:
Jeff Funk ’16 - Sociology Major
Rocio Vidal Ronchas ’15 - Anthropology Major
Emily Fingerle ’15 - Anthropology majors
The Sociology and Anthropology Department’s mission is fourfold:
- to teach students discipline specific history, knowledge and methods,
- to help students develop critical thinking skills in order to produce reflective, logical, independent theses,
- to support the liberal arts mission of the college, and
- to add to the body of sociological and anthropological knowledge by conducting and disseminating research.
We are committed to excellence in our teaching and research programs. Read more about the Department's mission.