Public Health Minor Program
Public Health Internships
Students are encouraged to complete a one-credit internship as one of their elective requirements for the public health minor. A listing of student internships and requirements is available on the Public Health Minor website and also available in the Health Professions Office on the ground floor of Seegers Union (across from the bookstore). This list is updated each semester.
All internships for public health credit must be approved by Professor Cronin, the Program Director, prior to doing the internship.
Potential Internship Opportunities:
- St. Luke’s Community Health Department, Bethlehem
- Lehigh Valley Hospital Community Health Department, Allentown
- Lehigh Valley Hospital/Phoebe Nursing Home
- The Caring Place
- Turning Point (shelter for women)
- Allentown Health Bureau
- The American Cancer Society
- Second Harvest Food Bank
Note that you are not limited to these internships. If you wish to arrange your own internship, please be sure to get approval from Prof. Cronin before registering.
1. To register for an internship, students must complete a registration form and Internship Learning Contract.
The registration form requires signatures from the site supervisor and the public health director.
2. Students are required to complete Parts I, II, and V of the Internship Learning Contract. Recognize that this contract stipulates your hours and responsibilities while at site, and informs the site supervisor of his/her responsibilities to complete a midterm and final evaluation. It also provides the faculty supervisor with all necessary contact information, so it should be completed clearly and legibly.
3. Students wishing to enroll in a public health internship must read closely the Muhlenberg College Internship Manual, as it contains information on internship etiquette, liability, student, faculty, and supervisor guidelines. It also includes copies of the Internship Learning Contract, midterm and final evaluation forms.
Please contact Professor Cronin should you have questions about the public health internship.
Department of Biology
2400 Chew Street
Allentown PA 18104