Why Learn a Language?
Careers with Languages
The Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures at Muhlenberg College offers students the opportunity to acquire and advance communicative skills in: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.
Students can major or minor in French, German, Russian, and Spanish as well as receive Teacher Certification in French, German, and Spanish.
The Language Learning Center provides information, technological resources, and professional expertise that facilitate the effective use of technology for the study of languages, literatures and cultures.
All of our courses and degree programs enhance the international dimension of students’ liberal-arts education. We strongly encourage students to participate in study abroad programs. For more information, visit the Office of Global Education.
- Empanada Sale from the Spanish Club, Seegers Union Lobby, 12-3 PM on Nov 6-7, Nov 13-14, 2014
- Days of the Dead events, Chapel, Oct. 30-Nov 2, 2014
- Skull Decorating, Wed. Oct. 29. 2014
- Salsa Class with Eric Bass, Seegers 113, 2-4PM Fri. Oct 31, 2014
- October 2014 - Spanish Club Calendar- October 2014 - French Club Calendar - Student Trip to see Carmen at the Met in NYC, Tue. Oct 28, 2014
- Language Tables Meeting Times
- Faculty Research
- Student Activities
- KALLIOPE: 2013-2014 Edition
- Film screening/ panel discussion: Oro Macht Frei, Oct 12, 2014
- Spanish and Latin-American Cooking Class, Sat. Oct 11, 2014
- Spanish Club's Game Night, Sept 29, 2014
- Rodica Draghincescu, Tuesday, Sept 16, 2014
- Professor Kathryn Wixon Retires After 28 Years at 'Berg!
- Language Honors Societies
Muhlenberg College - Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Russian:Nick Farmer '15 presents paper at a national REES conference. Read More...