Why Learn a Language?
Careers with Languages
The Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures at Muhlenberg College offers students the opportunity to acquire and advance communicative skills in: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.
Students can major or minor in French, German, Russian, and Spanish as well as receive Teacher Certification in French, German, and Spanish.
The Language Learning Center provides information, technological resources, and professional expertise that facilitate the effective use of technology for the study of languages, literatures and cultures.
All of our courses and degree programs enhance the international dimension of students’ liberal-arts education. We strongly encourage students to participate in study abroad programs. For more information, visit the Office of Global Education.
Summer Study Abroad
- Faculty Research
- Student Activities
- French Club bus trip to Philadelphia at the 'Kilimandjaro'
Senegalese Restaurant - February 7, 2014
- Language Honor Societies, February 16, 2014
- Kerri Cossean's lecture "A Cold War Victory: Soviet-American Collaboration on Smallpox Eradication", February 16, 2014 - View Photo Album
- Prof. Daniel Leisawitz's lecture: "Imagining the Vanished World of the Roman Ghetto", JCC of Allentowm, 7 PM Tuesday, February 25, 2014
- Carnaval Celebration, Event Space, Seegers Union, 6-7:30 PM, Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - View Photo Album
- In the News: Nick Farmer '14, Learning About Russia Firsthand
- Technology & Language Pedagogy Workshops
Muhlenberg College - Languages, Literatures and Cultures