Office of the Student Union & Campus Events
VENDOR SALES / SOLICITATION POLICY
The College feels that student organizations should be provided with opportunities to raise their own program funds through fundraising activities. In order to provide a means of protecting the College, the student organization and each member of the College Community from undue intrusion and provide fair access for legitimate activities, the following guidelines and restrictions have been approved.
1. All on-campus and off-campus sales/solicitations must be registered with the Director of the Student Union & Campus Events through the Online Vendor Application. All requests must be submitted at least three weeks prior to the date of the proposed sale/solicitation. All dates are subject to availability.
2. All sales/solicitations involving non-campus vendors must be sponsored by a College, or approved student organization. Upon approval, a college representative will contact you to match your sales opportunity with a sponsoring student organization.
3. Vendors will be charged a $20/table/day administrative fee to the College as well as a 20% of gross sales commission to the sponsoring student organization. These fees and commissions are to be paid prior to the vendor leaving campus on the day of the sale.
4. The sale of items which directly compete with the 'Berg Bookstore will not be permitted within or directly around Seegers Union. Requests for sales in or around the Union will be submitted to the Bookstore Manager for approval.
5. Sales/solicitations on campus may take place only in specified, approved locations. Door- to-door sales/solicitations in the residence halls are prohibited. Door-to-door sales/solicitation are not permitted within the classroom/office buildings.
6. The sales/solicitation of drugs and/or alcoholic beverages is not permitted.
7. The sales/solicitation of items identified with or containing the name or logo of Muhlenberg College must be approved prior to manufacture and sale/solicitation of such items. Muhlenberg College reserves the right to decline any request.
8. Items containing federally copyrighted material may not be sold or distributed without written approval of the holder of the copyright.