Founded in 1848, Muhlenberg College is a highly selective, coeducational, residential college of liberal arts and sciences located in eastern Pennsylvania's picturesque Lehigh Valley. The campus is about one hour north of Philadelphia, 90 minutes west of New York City and in close proximity to the Appalachian Trail. The College currently enrolls more than 2,200 full-time day students and has enjoyed steadily increasing selectivity and student quality.
Detailed job descriptions are created in PDF formats, which require Adobe Acrobat Reader to display. If you do not have this product, please click on the Adobe icon below to install a free copy:
Please follow the application instructions specific to each of the positions below. For more information about the College, visit our web site at http://www.muhlenberg.edu.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Muhlenberg College is committed to valuing and enhancing diversity and encourages applications from individuals who can contribute to the diversity of our community.
- Assistant Director, Athletic Communications - The Assistant Director of Athletic Communications is a full-time, 10-month position running from August 1 through May 31 annually. The Assistant Director will collaborate with the Director of Athletic Communications and the Director of Athletics on publicity efforts for the College's 22-sport Division III varsity intercollegiate program. Primary responsibilities will include: updating the College website and social media sites; assisting with game day operations including live streaming video and live stats; editing promotional videos; designing, writing and editing brochures, game programs and newsletters; formulating and writing feature stories on Muhlenberg athletes; and reporting results to local and regional media.
Qualifications include: bachelor's degree, strong writing and communication skills; knowledge of StatCrew, video streaming software, video editing software, desktop publishing and social media; previous experience in sports information; solid understanding of sports and sports statistics; and a willingness to work nights and weekends. Click here for complete job description.
Compensation for this 10-month assignment includes a starting salary of $28,000 annually plus full benefits. To apply, send a cover letter, resume, writing samples and the names and phone numbers of at least three references to: Mike Falk, Director, Athletic Communications, Muhlenberg College, 2400 Chew Street, Allentown, PA 18104, or email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
DEVELOPMENT AND ALUMNI RELATIONS
- Director, Advancement Services - The office of Advancement Services (AS) is responsible for recording and receipting gifts to the College. Additionally, this office is responsible for the accurate maintenance of alumni biographical records and donor information, as well as the overall integrity of the alumni database. The Director is responsible for the day-to-day management of all aspects of AS, including supervision of six direct reports. The Director monitors the integrity of the information contained in the database and determines how to translate data into usable, actionable information for the formation and execution of fundraising strategies and measures of success. Preference will be given to candidates with comprehensive knowledge and background in the management of information services, fundraising principles and strategies. Candidates who have experience managing staff, including the mentoring, training and evaluation of those reporting to them, are preferred. A Bachelor's degree plus five years of experience is required in : Development Information Management, creation and maintenance of Crystal reports and SQL Server Reporting Services reports. Starting salary of $65 - $70K, depending upon background and experience. Click here for full job description.
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and names/contact information for four references to email@example.com. Be sure to note Job #1511 and your last name in the “Subject” line of your email. Applicant review begins immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. Muhlenberg College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from candidates who will contribute to the diversity of the campus community.
- CARPENTER - Full-time. Provide carpentry services to all College property, basic knowledge of other trades helpful. Experience using various power and hand tools associated with the carpentry trade. High School diploma/GED plus 2 yrs. technical/vocational or job related experience required. Benefits package includes tuition plans for family members after 2 yrs of service. Starting salary of $18 - $20.75/hour depending upon background and experience. For full job description and qualifications required, please click here. Please include both your last name and Job #1520 in the subject line of your email.
- Custodian FT– (10 pm-6:30 am) performing housekeeping duties in campus buildings. Custodial experience preferred. Send resume or apply in person to Muhlenberg College, HR Office, Job # 1509, 2400 Chew St., Allentown, PA 18104. EOE. Click here for job description.
- Custodian PT- Weekends (6 am-2:30 pm) academic year. Custodial experience preferred. Send resume or apply in person to Muhlenberg College, HR Office, Job # 1510, 2400 Chew St., Allentown, PA 18104. EOE. Click here for job description.
- Assistant to the VP, Public Relations (Job #1526) - The Assistant to the VP, Public Relations is the support staff member of the Public Relations team and provides administrative support to the Vice President and other Public Relations staff members. The Assistant manages events and publications, coordinates with other offices as needed and assists the public, parent and student constituencies with public relations matters pertaining to Muhlenberg College. Ability to work independently with little or no supervision is required. Must have a minimum of five years of experience in an executive office environment. For full job description including qualifications required, click here. This is a non-exempt position with a 35-hour workweek during the academic year and 30-hour workweek during the designated summer period. Starting monthly salary is $2,850 - $3,035, depending upon background and experience.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume and names/contact information for three references in a single pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include Job #1526 and your last name in the subject line of the email. Application deadline is July 13, 2015. E.O.E.
- Building Monitor - This is a Part-time position, scheduled for 11 PM to 3 AM; 2-3 nights during the academic year. The Building Monitor greets campus visitors, interacts with and assists faculty, staff and students, and provides a security presence during the late night operations of Seegers Union, the College's student union building. The position includes working with computer systems operating the card access, fire alarms, CCTV and ID computer. Experience in security and/or customer service is preferred. First Aid/CPR/AED certification preferred. Ability to lift 50 pounds of weight, climb steps and walk uneven terrain is required. Must be computer literate, and willing and able to learn new systems and functions. Starting pay rate is $10 per hour. To apply, send your cover letter, resume and names/contact information for three references in an email to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should note "Building Monitor" and your full name. Click here for full job description. E.O.E.
- Public Services Assistant - The Public Services Assistant (PSA) is responsible for the overall control, functioning, and security of the library facility, its collections and services, and its occupants during specified hours, including evening and weekend hours. The PSA supervises activities of student assistants staffing service desks and provides informational and directional assistance to users. The PSA also serves as a link between users and specialized library staff who are not present, and makes appropriate referrals to those staff. This position requires strong library technology, hardware and software skills, written and oral communication skills, a strong commitment to providing public services, the ability to work well in teams in an active academic environment, and a willingness to learn and experiment with new technologies.
Qualifications include a baccalaureate degree or an associate degree and one year or more of experience working in a library or academic setting; some knowledge of general library procedures, information resources, and associated technology tools; and ability to work and interact effectively with diverse groups of people, including library users, faculty, and students. The PSA must have the ability to respond appropriately to emergency situations, maintain a proper study environment, and employ good judgment in the resolution of disputes. Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated success working with the public required. Preferred qualifications include experience with circulation, course reserves, interlibrary loan, or the technical processing of library materials. Click here for full job description.
Starting salary is $2,225 - $2,275 per month. The position is full-time (35 hours per week) with eligibility to all benefits offered by the College. Standard shifts include evening, late night, and weekend hours and include closing shifts. Shifts will change during intersessions and over summers.
To apply, email your cover letter, resume, and list of 3 professional references in a single pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to note both "Job # 1522" and your last name in the subject line of the email. Review of applications begins immediately. Applications will be accepted until July 3. E.O.E.
Muhlenberg College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from candidates who are committed to valuing and enhancing the diversity of its community.
July 2, 2015