Dean of Academic Life
Welcome to the Dean of Academics home page!
What we do
Our role is to help ensure student success. We work closely with students across a broad spectrum of campus on everything from advising to summer research grants to conference travel to applying for national and international awards. In addition, we sponsor a variety of events on campus including Honors Convocation and June Advising.
Resources Available for Students
Multiple forms of support are available to all Muhlenberg students including:
- Tutoring – Students in many classes can sign up for a tutor through the Academic Resource Center (ARC). Tutor sessions are either individual or one-on-one.
- Workshops – Many introductory classes have student run workshops. The workshops provide opportunities for students to ask questions and spend more time learning the material for their classes. The Learning Assistants who run the workshops are upperclassmen who coordinate with the faculty member about the content of the workshop.
- Writing Center – Found in the library, the writing center is available to all students on a drop-in basis. The Writing Assistants who staff the Center will work with students on individual assignments helping them to rethink and rewrite their work.
- Help with study skills – The ARC has staff available who can help students with study habits and techniques that help students be successful in their classes.
- Office of Disability Services – ODS helps students document their disabilities and then develops a personalized accommodation plan designed to help each student succeed.
Opportunities for Students
- Summer Research – Research grants for students are available through our office as well as through several departments. Research is a great way to learn about a topic in depth. It prepares you for success in graduate school and employment.
- Prestigious Awards – Many of our best students apply for competitive national and international awards. These awards provide money to attend graduate programs or teach English in a foreign country, etc.
- Travel Grants – Our office provides support to send students who have produced high quality work to major academic conferences. At the conferences, you will begin to make your mark in your chosen field.
The Academic Integrity Code
All students are required to know and obey The Academic Integrity Code of the College. Academics are the core of Muhlenberg’s excellence and our reputation. They are central to all that we do. Adhering to the Code enhances the learning experience for everyone .
Have Questions or Need Help?
Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns about your academic career at Muhlenberg.
Bruce D. Anderson
Dean of Academic Life
Professor of Chemistry